Thanks for coming over today Ellen. I got drawn into Reece and Sean’s story when you first introduced them in Wolf Sanctuary. Please tell me there is another book coming in this series. I need to know what happens to Catori and how they handle being her guardians. There is definitely going to be another book to follow on from Wolf Sanctuary. Catori is going to have her hands full, when her mates—yes, there are two—decide to take matters into their own hands. She can run, but not for long! "Into the Bear's Den", is in the works, I just have to juggle it in between the Preternatural Rescue Centre series :)
What do you love most about the genre you write? I have always had my head in the clouds, so I tend to get bored with the everyday. With paranormal romance, I never have to worry about that. There is a whole world outside normality, to explore, and the possibilities are endless. The pull toward gay romance is simple. I love men, and the more, the better. *grins*
Is there an author that makes you go all "fangirl? I have a few, but the top of my list are: Laurann Dohner, Lynn Hagen, Stormy Glenn, Stephani Hecht, Charlie Richards and Jackie Nacht. Those women absolutely blow paranormal romance out of the water!
How do you find balance with your writing and real life? It isn't easy, but then nothing worthwhile is. I find that if I don't set time aside each day to write, it has a negative impact on my mood, which then impacts on my whole housefold (no one wants a grumpy mummy!). Writing is my, "me time", my own little escape.
Describe yourself in 3 words. Hmm, that one is so hard, but this fits quite well: Friendly, sarcastic, daydreamer.
Do you have a specific place you like to write/music you listen to, etc? I have a small writing desk, set into the corner of my lounge room. I use headphones to listen to music while I write, yet I can still interact with the family while I work. It is the best seat in the house, right underneath the air conditioner :P I also realized a long time ago, that taking my eye off my boys, is a recipe for disaster. Being able to keep them in my sights is a win-win situation, and also a necessity. Just because I need to write, does not mean I need to lock myself away from my family. Compromise and working around our schedules has given me the best of both worlds.
Are you currently working on a new project? If so can you tell us what it will be about? I am working on the third installment of the Preternatural Rescue Centre series, "Fractured". Fractured, is the story of black cougar shifter, Davis, who finds that the peeping tom who has been watching the guardians for months, is more than he seems. When the pair finally meet, the terrible truth behind one of Davis's unique abilities is finally revealed.
Do you set yourself strict rules while you're writing? I try to get time each day for at least an hour of writing. It is too easy to put it off until later, and before you know it, the dreaded deadline is looming. Some days it is hard and I am restless, but I persevere and dedicate time, whether for writing or promoting. There are many elements behind being an author, that the readers do not see, and our job certainly does not end when we send off our manuscript. There is always work to be done!
Fast & Flirty -
1. Favorite color- Purple.
2. Favorite food – Lasagne.
3. Boots or heels- Boots! hehe.
4. eReader or Print- eReader. I can carry a whole library of them with me wherever I go, on my phone.
5. Social Media: Love it or Hate it- It is a love-hate relationship. On my pc, spending time chatting to readers and other authors is wonderful, but the second I try to post on my phone, auto correct jumps in to make me look like a bumbling idiot! For example. A couple of days ago, I was chatting to an author who wanted to know what genre a book I was working on was. When I intended to write "paranormal", auto correct changed that to "pram oral"...
6. Beer, Liquor or Wine or tea- Decaf tea, please. I don't drink.
7. Favorite place to get it on besides the bedroom- Anywhere away from prying eyes, is a great place. It is not easy when you have five boys!
8. Favorite TV Show- Supernatural. It has nothing to do whatsoever with the Winchester boys, honest. *grins*
9. Favorite Book series (besides your own) – Laurann Dohner's New Species. I mark those release dates on my calendar!
10. Pj’s or Lingerie – Lingerie.
11. Vampires vs. Shifters – You are making me choose? I can't! They both like biting and nibbling, something that makes any girls knees weak.
12. Favorite Genre- Paranormal, and preferably MM romance.
Bio: Ellen is a little Aussie erotic and GLBT author, living in a sleepy little beachside town in the far north-east of NSW, with her husband, five boys, and completely loopy dog. With a lifelong love of anything paranormal—particularly the underdog in a fight—she always makes sure they find their happily ever after. After all, as they say, it’s not the size of the dog a fight...Add in the allure of muscles and testosterone, and she is one happy camper. You can find more about her books and upcoming releases through her website, and her blog.
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/ellen.cross.376
Twitter link: https://twitter.com/Ellen__Cross
Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.com/Ellen-Cross/e/B009OY4YIW/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1395360397&sr=8-1
Paws, Claws and Their Triple-F EXtasy link: http://www.extasybooks.com/paws-claws-and-their-triple-f/